POSTING DATE January 4, 2023
TITLE OF VACANCY: Youth Program Career Specialist- Roane/Clay County
POSITION TYPE: Professional
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Nature of Work:
The Career Specialist will work with the Career Connections youth program and will report to the Youth Program Coordinator. Career Connections is an employment and training program that focuses on developing academic, occupational and social skills for persons 16-24 years of age. The Career Specialist is responsible for case management services including:
- · Recruitment/Outreach/Enrollment
- · Eligibility determination
- · Objective Assessments
- · Plan development
- · Referrals to partner agencies
- · Identification and Provision of Support Services
- · Conducting Leadership Training/Career Counseling
- · Oversite and support of Job Placement/Services
The individual employed in this position will be an employee of Mountain State ESC
Youth Career Specialist Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- · Recruits new participants for the Career Connections program
- · Conducts interviews and assessments with customers to identify needs, interests, and abilities
- · Assists participants in developing a Plan of Action/Individual Service Strategy
- · Provides individual career counseling services and addresses barriers to employment
- · Ensures programmatic components are met to achieve DOL performance
- · Adheres to DOL requirements to ensure no disallowed costs occur
- · Submits reports detailing program participant’s status and outcomes through the end of each month to the Coordinator and shared with the Director.
- · Participates in meetings with partners to review status of participant referrals, discuss best practices, and expand collaboration
- · Completes and maintains participant files
- · Maintains up to date records and case notes in the MACC
- · Reviews exits for accuracy and tracks outcomes during follow up
- · Other duties as assigned
- · Baccalaureate Degree
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- · Ability to effectively interact with participants and partner agencies
- · Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- · Self-motivator, ability to work with minimum supervision
- · Excellent organizational and time management skills
- · Knowledge of computer programs; specifically Microsoft Office Suite
APPLICATION AND RESUME:
Resume Must Include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including addresses and name of immediate supervisor(s).
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
- Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone number.
Send Application and Resume to:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with support documents via email to email@example.com
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.