POSTING DATE January 4, 2023
TITLE OF VACANCY: Program Coordinator
POSITION TYPE: Professional
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Nature of Work:
The coordinator position works directly with the Workforce Development Board Mid-Ohio Valley, to coordinate and leverage resources throughout a nine-county service area. The coordinator position is responsible for detailing activities to include Adult and Youth Staff of the Workforce Development Board MOV. Duties include, leveraging resources, developing partnerships with secondary and post-secondary education and the business community. Providing and coordinating positive influence engagement for youth participants, develop cultural events and education to provide a holistic array of services that promotes not only a healthy lifestyle, but work ethic and character development. The coordinator will report to the WDB-MOV Executive Director. Oversight responsibilities include but are not limited to, operation of “Seeing West Virginia Through a Different Lens”, a virtual reality career exploration initiative sponsored by the Appalachian Regional Commission.
Key components of the role include:
- Oversight of program staff
- Acting as a liaison between program staff and VR Platform
- Development & implementation of strategic plans
- Referrals to partner agencies
- Oversight of One-Stop on wheels – mobile unit VR Services
The individual employed in this position will be an employee of Mountain State ESC
Coordinator Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Recruits new participants for the VR program
- Conducts interviews and assessments with customers to identify needs, interests, and abilities
- Assists participants with VR Career Simulator exploration
- Oversees VR staff within program
- Ensures programmatic components are met to achieve DOL performance
- Adheres to DOL requirements to ensure no disallowed costs occur
- Submits reports detailing program participant’s status and outcomes through the end of each month to the youth program coordinator and shared with the Director.
- Participates in meetings with partners to review status of participant referrals, discuss best practices, and expand collaboration
- Maintains and updates VR equipment and curriculum
- Other duties as assigned
- Baccalaureate Degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with participants and partner agencies
- Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Self-motivator, ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of computer programs; specifically, Microsoft Office Suite
APPLICATION AND RESUME:
Resume Must Include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including addresses and name of immediate supervisor(s).
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
- Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone number.
Send Application and Resume to:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with support documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.