POSTING DATE 10-30-23
TITLE OF VACANCY: Program Coordinator
POSITION TYPE: Professional
REPORTS TO: Strategic Development Manager
Nature of Work:
The coordinator position works directly with the Workforce Development Board Mid-Ohio Valley, to coordinate and leverage resources throughout a nine-county service area (Calhoun, Clay, Jackson, Mason, Pleasants, Ritche, Roane, Wirt, Wood). The coordinator position is responsible for detailing activities to include Adult and Youth Staff of the Workforce Development Board MOV. Duties include, leveraging resources, developing partnerships with secondary and post-secondary education and the business community. Providing and coordinating positive influence engagement for occupational mentoring, develop and promote events and education to provide a holistic array of services that promotes not only career exploration and skills training, but work ethic and job/training placement. The coordinator will report to the WDB-MOV Strategic Development Manager. Oversight responsibilities include but are not limited to, operation of “Seeing West Virginia Through a Different Lens”, a virtual reality career exploration initiative sponsored by the Appalachian Regional Commission.
Key components of the role include:
- Oversight of program staff
- Acting as a liaison between VR initiative and target groups (education, workforce partners, employers)
- Development & implementation of strategic plans including special events and ongoing programming
- Tracking individual progress towards positive outcomes of skill obtainment and job placement
- Referrals to partner agencies
- Oversight of America Job Center mobile unit VR Services
The individual employed in this position will be an employee of Mountain State ESC.
Coordinator Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Recruits new participants for the VR program
- Maintains schedule of events
- Coordinates outreach materials and ongoing communication with user groups and collaborators
- Conducts interviews and assessments with customers to identify needs, interests, and abilities
- Assists participants with VR Career Simulator exploration
- Oversees VR staff within program
- Ensures programmatic components are met to achieve DOL performance
- Adheres to DOL requirements to ensure no disallowed costs occur
- Submits reports in accordance with funding requirements and oversight needs
- Participates in meetings with partners to review status of participant referrals, discuss best practices, and expand collaboration
- Maintains and updates VR equipment and curriculum
- Other duties as assigned
- Baccalaureate Degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with participants and partner agencies
- Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Self-motivator, ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of computer programs; specifically, Microsoft Office Suite
APPLICATION AND RESUME:
Resume Must Include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including addresses and name of immediate supervisor(s).
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
- Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone number.
Send Application and Resume to:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with support documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.