Posting Date: July 24, 2018
Position: Western WV Advantage Valley Consortium Edge/Dual Credit Coordinator (Part-time)
Location: Mount West Community and Technical College
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in career and technical education preferred, professional teaching certificate
- Experience with career and technical education including EDGE , Dual credit courses
- Knowledge of current programs and curriculum requirements for Career and Technical education
- Effective oral/written communication skills required
- Computer skills required
- Ability to process purchase orders and invoices as needed for program
- Organizational skills to manage coordination between four counties (Cabell, Mason, Putnam, and Wayne), Mount West Community and Technical College, and other institutions as needed.
- Coordinate Tech Prep activities between the four county school systems & MCTC. Including but not limited to: campus visits by county students, faculty exchange between the counties and their MCTC counterparts for curriculum development and program alignment, provide county in-service on EDGE/Dual credit to high school staff and central office administrators
- Participate on county advisory boards and MCTC advisory boards.
- Coordinate/Assist the MCTC Dept. Chairs with programmatic issues regarding EDGE/Dual credit
- Collect semester EDGE course credit used in determining EDGE/Dual college credit.
- Process EDGE/Dual credit high school CTE transcripts for college credit.
- Process Invoices/P.O.’s as required for county memberships.
- Schedule WESTERN WV ADVANTAGE VALLEY CONSORTIUM meeting as needed throughout the year.
- Determine the WESTERN WV ADVANTAGE VALLEY CONSORTIUM meeting agenda and work with the MCTC Adm. Secretary to present the agenda to the membership for additions.
- Provide correspondence to the membership on relevant information and data from outside agencies and internal communications.
- Coordinate EDGE/Dual credit activities with the WVDE and Statewide EDGE/Dual credit Coordinators.
- Participate in WVDE State CTE conferences to keep updated on current programs and curriculum requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by the executive director or the membership.
Resume must include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, and certificates earned
- List of employers for the past ten years, including names and address of immediate supervisor(s)
- Description of responsibilities/work experience in previous employment
- Alignment of work experience with posted Job description
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers
Application Deadline: July 30, 2018 at 3:00
Mail Completed Application to : Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Recommended by the MSESC Executive Director
Confirmed by the MSESC Governing Council
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is a will and pleasure employee of the Mountain State ESC. Continuation of the position is dependent upon funding, enrollment and program performance.
SALARY: $20/hr, not to exceed 900 hours total September 1, 2018 -June 30, 2019