Position: Virtual Middle School Teacher: In-Person or Remote(Grade 7/8) Mingo County
Posting Date: September 3, 2021
Supervisor: County Administrator/MSESC Executive Director
Length of Employment: 188 Days
Job Description: The virtual middle school teacher is assigned to deliver a comprehensive educational program in accordance with federal/state law, West Virginia Board of Education, and county policies/regulations. The teacher will be supporting instruction and assessment for students enrolled in a virtual platform for coursework; this may include in-person instruction and assessments.
Qualifications: Holds or qualifies for a West Virginia Professional Teaching Certificate endorsed for the subject(s) and grade level(s) indicated
in this posting as applicable to this assignment.
1. Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills
2. Demonstrate an ability to be innovative, creative, and dynamic in a virtual learning
3. Demonstrate professional work habits and attitudes
4. Demonstrate a high level of understanding with the use instructional technology
5. Use virtual formats such as TEAMS or other county approved platforms
6. Provide instruction for students who participate virtually or in-person
7. Provide supports to families virtually, in-person, or via phone as determined by Mingo
1. Prepare classroom for in class or virtual activities and develop lesson plans
2. Conduct daily virtual instruction through county-designated virtual platform at an assigned location
3. Use documentation logs for communication and evidence of instruction/instructional support
4. Ability to implement and modify a distance learning plan for students as determined by Mingo County Schools
5. Implement the programs of study approved by the West Virginia Board of Education and the county Board of Education
6. Actively use a Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) to deliver instruction.
7. Maintain professional work habits to promote a collaborative, supportive learning climate
8. Utilize standards-driven instruction using state-approved standards and county approved curricula
9. Teach students to the mastery of the West Virginia College-Career-Readiness Standards specific to the grades and subject being taught
10. Create and maintain a positive classroom climate conducive to learning for all students
11. Demonstrate a deep and extensive knowledge of the subject matter being taught
12. Communicate effectively with the educational community and parents/guardians on a regular basis (learning platforms, email, and phone)
13. Demonstrate the ability to make instructional decisions based on available data
14. Demonstrate competence in the knowledge and implementation of technology such as Microsoft 365 and Apple programs as well as devices
15. Demonstrate competence in standards-based lesson design and implementation
16. Meet Federal, State, County and School policies (State Assessment, IEP, 504, SAT plans, technology usage, attendance, grading, record keeping, supervision of students, etc.)
17. Align your professional pedagogy with the school’s mission, vision, core values, and goals.
18. Proctor and implement state and county assessments approved by the WVDE and Mingo County Schools
19. Identify and refer students for screening and evaluation based on learning deficiencies
20. Advise the principal of the presence of any situation that may require immediate instructional intervention so as not to hinder the instructional program
21. Complete duty assignments as designated by administrators
22. Supervise students at all times in accordance with state, county and school policies
23. Communicate to parents/guardians the progress and/or deficiencies of students
24. Accept responsibility for the behavior of the students assigned and implement behavior plan as designed by the school
25. Attend all faculty senate and other required meetings/PD
26. Fulfill annual continuing education requirements and attend other required county training programs
27. Report student attendance as legally required and in accordance with county policy.
28. Maintain and order supplies and equipment necessary for the successful operation of the instructional program
29. Engage and participate in PLCs with grade and content members to create common formative assessments, design engaging curriculum, analyze data, and make
instructional and operational decisions
30. Utilize county approved online learning platforms to post grades, take attendance, enter discipline, and post assignments daily
31. Establish and maintain standards of classroom management that foster a learning environment
32. Provide individual and group instruction designed to meet individual needs and motivate students
33. Complete and submit all reports in a timely manner as required by law, the West Virginia Department of Education, and/or the county Board of Education.
34. Anyone accepting this position is mandated to report suspected abuse and neglect
35. Monitor students to ensure they are picked up by the appropriate parent or guardian
36. Monitor student performance and progress in West Virginia Department of Education Virtual Schools courses; document and provide weekly communication with students
and parents of progress and performance
37. Applicants may be required to deliver in-person instruction
38. In the event of a directive issued by the Mingo County Superintendent of Schools, instruction may be modified (ex: remote/distance learning/in-person). Modification of
instruction may include, but not limited to:
a. Conducting instruction virtually or in-person
b. Conducting school based direct/in-person instruction
c. Ability to use virtual formats, using county approved
d. Ability to support instruction for students who may participate virtually,
remotely, or in-person
e. Ability to provide support to families, virtually or via phone contacts, as
determined by Mingo County Schools
f. Use documentation log for communication and evidence of
g. Documentation of virtual instruction and communication with families/students
must be submitted to the Special Education department as determined by Mingo
h. Ability to implement and modify a distance learning plan for students as
determined by Mingo County Schools
39. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with support documents via email to email@example.com
Resume Must Include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
- Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.