POSTING DATE June 3, 2022
TITLE OF VACANCY: Summer Youth Worksite Supervisor-3 positions
Location: One each in Jackson County, Mason County, Wood County
POSITION TYPE: Professional, no benefits, 7 weeks.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
General Description: The Summer Youth Worksite Supervisors will work with a youth program offered through Workforce Development Board Mid-Ohio Valley (WDB MOV) during the summer of 2022. Supervisors will be employed by the WDB MOV but assigned to a specific worksite located within one of the counties served by the WDB MOV. Worksites will be primarily with local governmental, education, and non-profit organizations. Each supervisor will be responsible for a crew of youth between the ages of 14 and 24 years of age. Total Crew sizes will be approximately 20 youth. The summer program will begin on June 13th and run through July 29th, 2022. Supervisors will be required to participate in a one- day training prior to the start of the program. Specific dates, time, and location will be provided if hired as a supervisor.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide a safe, educational work experience for youth enrolled in the summer program.
- Maintain records such as timesheets, grievances and complaints, injury forms, participant emergency contact lists, etc.
- Present orientation for worksite participants, covering rules, regulations, grievance procedures, disciplinary procedures, safety guidelines, etc.
- May be required to present work readiness training for participants
- Work side-by-side with the participants
- Understand OSHA regulations with specific emphasis on child labor laws
- Schedule and coordinate work and tasks to be completed with worksite provider.
- Identify and confirm location of program materials, tools, supplies, safety equipment, etc.
- Report anything that jeopardizes the safety and stability of the participants and worksite
- Communicate easily and informatively with WDB Staff, monitors, and participants
- Set a professional and positive example for the participants
- Understand worksite agreements, goals, and objectives
- Maintain a high morale for participants
Reporting: Will report to the WIOA Youth Program manager of the Region 4 Workforce Development Board and to Worksite representatives.
The individual employed in this position will be an employee of Mountain State ESC
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, social services or related field working with youth.
- Related experience may be substituted on a year for year basis.
- Individuals who have experience working with youth in a paid or volunteer capacity will be given priority for supervisor jobs.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Ability to relate effectively with people
Rate of Pay: Supervisors will earn $20.00 per hour.
APPLICATION AND RESUME:
Resume Must Include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including addresses and name of immediate supervisor(s).
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
- Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone number.
Send Application and Resume to:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with support documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.