Posting Date: April 18, 2019
Position: SPOKES Instructor
Locations: Jackson County
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications.
1. Professional teaching certificate (preferred) or eligible for an adult license for Adult Basic Education (four year college degree – minimum of 2.5 GPA in original course work; a minimum of 3.0 in course work used in maintenance of certificate or adult license).
2. Prior experience in teaching adults preferred.
3. Knowledge of the characteristics of adult learners preferred.
4. Computer instructional skills required.
5. Effective oral/written communication skills required.
6. Experience with software management systems preferred.
7. Ability to provide basic academic skills, job-readiness, and life-coping skills to adult learners required.
8. Ability to attend teacher training prior to the first class meeting required.
9. Ability to work collaboratively with other agencies and organizations, specifically the Department of Health
and Human Resources and the local Workforce WV Center.
Resume Must Include:
1. List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
2. List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of
3. Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
4. Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
5. List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
April 24, 2019, 3:00 p.m.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
or download the region’s application and submit via email to email@example.com
MSESC WILL GRANT EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL PERSONS, REGARDLESS OF RACE, AGE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN AND NO DISCRIMINATION BASED ON THESE FACTORS WILL BE MADE IN THE SALARY, PROMOTION, DEMOTION, TRANSFER, OR TERMINATION
OF ANY EMPLOYEES.
POSITION: SPOKES Instructor
REPORTS TO: MSESC Executive Director
1. Instruct students in job readiness skills, work process skills, life-coping skills, computer skills and WorkKeys® preparation.
2. Administer/interpret appropriate assessment instruments when necessary.
3. Maintain accurate records of student progress and attendance.
4. Prepare and submit applicable data relating to student enrollment, progress, and completion (or termination) as required by the SPOKES program.
5. Be an effective member of the site team by meeting with other staff members to plan and coordinate programming.
6. Coordinate with other members of the team to communicate with referring agencies regarding progress or challenges faced with individual customers.
7. Assist the site team in maintaining contact with individual adult technical education/college programs, Workforce WV staff and individual employers.
8. Perform other duties as related to the SPOKES program.
9. Performs other tasks as assigned by the Regional Coordinator.
1. Work effectively as a member of an educational team.
2. Demonstrate self-control and exhibit an attitude of mutual respect with colleagues and program participants.
3. Exhibit ethical behavior and demonstrate good work habits, including punctuality and attendance.
4. Demonstrate enthusiasm and create a positive learning environment.
5. Demonstrate a willingness to work collaboratively with personnel from other agencies.
6. Maintain confidentiality of student information as outlined in Section 4 of the Instructor Handbook.
7. Participate in at least the minimum required professional development sessions per year.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Recommended by the MSESC Executive Director
Confirmed by the MSESC Governing Council
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is a will and pleasure employee of the Mountain State ESC. Continuation of the position is
dependent upon funding, enrollment and program performance.
Per current Mountain State Educational Services Cooperative Salary Schedule