Posting Date: July 16, 2019
Position: Technology Systems Specialist
Locations: Lincoln County
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications.
Qualifications: Hold a current Technology Systems Specialist certification or qualify for one, as defined in State Board Policy 5202.
- Hold a minimum of an associate’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education, as defined in §126-136-4.5.
- Possess one valid Advanced Level I Certification and one NET + Certification as approved by the WVDE.
- Completion of at least 15 clock hours annually of in-service credit offered or approved by the WVDE.
Resume Must Include:
1. List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
2. List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of
3. Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
4. Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
5. List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
July 22, 2019, 3:00 p.m.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
or download the region’s application and submit via email to email@example.com
MSESC WILL GRANT EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL PERSONS, REGARDLESS OF RACE, AGE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN AND NO DISCRIMINATION BASED ON THESE FACTORS WILL BE MADE IN THE SALARY, PROMOTION, DEMOTION, TRANSFER, OR TERMINATION
OF ANY EMPLOYEES.
POSITION: Technology Systems Specialist
REPORTS TO: MSESC Executive Director
- Works directly under county Technology Director
- Works with the principal and school leadership team to provide access to technology resources and services.
- Responsible for the documentation, inventory, installation, configuration, service maintenance,
- repairs, modifications, and upgrades on local area networks (LANs), computers, workstations,’ peripherals, electronic whiteboards, data projectors, operating systems, software and other technology related components
- Contacts appropriate resources (county, State Contract Vendors, warranty providers, etc.) for additional assistance;
- Assist in the process to determine and implement security policies and procedures
- Plan, test and deploy networking products, software and migrations
- Manage users, permissions and security settings
- Configure and manage anti-virus and risk management applications
- Install and configure network versions of software
- Plan, implement, manage and provide routine maintenance to all computer
- Research any misuse and abuse of computer, network or Internet privileges
- Performs data back-up and recovery procedures;
- Assists with training teachers in equipment operations;
- Maintains logs of equipment and software problems;
- Provides technical expertise, guidance and informal training to teachers and students using hardware and software programs;
- Provide/Deliver training as requested or needed;
- Provide end-user support;
- Performs related duties as required;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Possesses knowledge of hardware and technical software operations for local area networks, servers, and operating system software, computer workstations, peripherals, and related educational technologies
- Demonstrates ability to operate technology equipment and use standard software programs such as word processor, presentation software and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of hardware (computers, servers, laptops, switches, routers, access points) and software use as part of the hardware
- Ability to maintain accurate detailed records’ • Knowledge of backup and recovery procedures
- Ability to understand technical manuals and apply the methods to correct personal computer or LAN/WAN operational problems
- Ability to analyze network data
- Ability to install wiring CAT 5 and Cat 6
- Ability to set up servers, switches, and access points
- Ability to set up and maintain a domain
- Demonstrates skills in effective communication
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with other employees
- Possesses organizational skills
- Communicates effectively with all levels of technology user
1. Work effectively as a member of a team.
2. Demonstrate self-control and exhibit an attitude of mutual respect with colleagues and program participants.
3. Exhibit ethical behavior and demonstrate good work habits, including punctuality and attendance.
4. Demonstrate enthusiasm.
5. Demonstrate a willingness to work collaboratively with personnel from other agencies.
6. Maintain confidentiality of student information .
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Recommended by the MSESC Executive Director
Confirmed by the MSESC Governing Council
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is a will and pleasure employee of the Mountain State ESC. Continuation of the position is
dependent upon funding, enrollment and program performance.
Per current Mountain State Educational Services Cooperative Salary Schedule