POSITION: Special Education Interventionist Grades 3-5; School Improvement grant funding
LOCATION(s): Lakeside Elementary, Hurricane, WV.
REPORTS TO: MSESC Executive Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EMPLOYMENT TERM: Position is for the 2023-2024 school year; continuation of position 24-25 school year pending grant approval.
SALARY: Based on qualifications and experience. Position is for the 2023-2024 school year; up to 25 hours per week for 24 weeks outlined by PCS and Lakeside Elementary. Successful applicant should maximize instructional service time with students. Weekly planning/document time should be streamlined.
JOB SUMMARY: The successful candidate will provide the following as supplemental to IEP services and supports. The successful applicant will be used to provide additional specially designed instruction and supports to students with disabilities or incidental benefits to students receiving Tier II/III instructional supports.
- Provide push-in instructional supports grades 3-5 that serve students with disabilities in the general education environment.
- Collaborate and plan for small group instruction in the general education setting grades 3-5. Provide focus on improving writing outcomes for students with disabilities and students receiving Tier II/III instructional support, incidentally.
- Utilize iReady data to identify reading and math weaknesses for students with disabilities and students receiving Tier II/III instructional support, incidentally.
- Collaborate in PLCs to design reading and math instruction that meet individual student needs in the general education environment identified as a student with a disability and students receiving Tier II/III instructional support, incidentally.
- Work with IEP and MTSS teams to provide specially designed instruction supported by the Science of Reading. Ensure teacher or school designee gain family permission to support MTSS group pull out using Saxon or Reading for Phonics materials.
- Work with IEP and MTSS teams to provide specially designed instruction to improve math fluency or targeted math skill deficits. Ensure teacher or school designee gain family permission to support MTSS group pull out utilizing Number Talks, Math Fluency materials or supplemental supports.
- Participate in required Professional Development and implement evidence-based practices, strategies to improve writing, and math fluencies.
- Participate in county-wide professional development UNITe with Numeracy.
- Complete documentation regarding student progress and submit to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Holds or qualifies for a WV professional Teaching Certificate endorsed for SLD/MIor Multi-Categorical Special Education.
- Experience in providing special education services or supports
- Knowledge of the MTSS process
- Experience with iReady platform.
- Applicant has participated in Science of Reading professional learning and can articulate instructional strategies to improve outcomes for students with disabilities.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with support documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3:00 p.m.
Resume Must Include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name ofimmediate supervisor(s).
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
- Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.
July 21, 2023