Position: School Counseling Coordinator-Lincoln County
Location: Lincoln County Schools
Reports to: Curriculum Director/MSESC Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience
To design and oversee a comprehensive developmental counseling program addressing the academic, career, personal/social development of all students in grades PK-12. The School Counseling Coordinator collaborates and supports school counselors in their role to meet the needs of students, consult with teachers, staff and parents to enhance their effectiveness in helping students, and provide support to other elementary and secondary educational programs.
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHERS
- Work under the direct supervision of the Curriculum Director
- Work cooperatively as a member of district leadership to support an effective counseling program in all Lincoln County Schools.
3.Work cooperatively with principals and school leadership teams supporting successful implementation of school counseling programming goals.
4.Work cooperatively with school counselors to provide professional development, support, and leadership in supporting student needs.
- Recommendation by the Curriculum Director
- Master’s Degree in school counseling, in accordance WV Code 18A-3-1
- Sensitivity to the problems and needs of youth from varying ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds (emotional, social, personal, and academic)
- Ability to work with at risk students
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
. FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Communicates the goals of the comprehensive school counseling program to education stakeholders.
- Implements developmentally appropriate and prevention-oriented group activities to meet student needs and school goals.
- Assists all school counselors with planning and implementing school counseling programs focused on academic, career and personal/social skills, goals and plans.
- Lead the process of ongoing improvement in the counseling curriculum and programming at all levels and schools in collaboration with school counselors and administrators.
- Collaborate with community resources and other mental health service agencies to meet student needs in the area of mental health supports.
- Collaborate with district leadership to review and revise communications with community, parents, students, school teams, regarding mental health issues and crisis planning.
Performance in this position will be evaluated by the immediate supervisor.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with support documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resume Must Include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
- Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.
August 4, 2021