Position: School-Based Public Health Worker for COVID Response/Recovery
Location: Putnam County
Evaluated by: MSESC Executive Director, Lead Nurse, and Assistant Superintendent
Job Description: The School-Based Public Health Worker works cooperatively with the Putnam County School Staff and our community partners to ensure that correspondence, reports, records, files and other activities assigned to the School-Based Public Health Worker are addressed in an efficient and timely manner.
Qualifications: Holds a high school diploma or GED. Associate Degree Preferred
Has knowledge and skills necessary to operate a personal computer.
Length of Employment: 210 contract
The School-Based Public Health Worker for COVID Response/Recovery shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- To assist staff in coordinating vaccination clinics with community partners.
- To set up calls/appointments or other scheduling tasks associated with vaccine clinics.
- To serve as a liaison between local schools and the local health department when a student (s) is reported to be positive for COVID and contact tracing is initiated by the local health department. To assist with contract tracing as may be needed.
- To receive and distribute information sent from local health department.
- To assist with phone calls if requested.
- To collect data and enter data as needed.
- To report collected data as requested.
- To coordinate between county school system and state contracted testing labs as may be needed.
- To maintain all information and uphold data integrity for student data. Maintain rules for student confidentiality.
- To be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and be able to develop graphs/charts
- To perform other duties as assigned.
The School-Based Public Health Worker for COVID Response/Recovery shall exhibit the following work habits:
- Maintains work habits that facilitate a positive work environment,
- Displays knowledge within the area(s)of responsibility.
- Maintains, completes and submits required reports and/or data in a timely fashion.
- Maintains and/or upgrades skills within area(s) of responsibility.
- Follows county rules and regulations.
- Performs duties efficiently and productively.
- Has impeccable attendance and promptness
- Displays excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Maintains a high quality of work.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with support documents via email to email@example.com
Resume Must Include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
- Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.
August 30, 2021