Position: School-Based Public Health Worker for COVID Response/Recovery
Location: Mingo County
Evaluated by: MSESC Executive Director, Lead Nurse, and Superintendent
Job Description: The School-Based Public Health Worker works cooperatively with the Mingo County School Staff and our community partners to ensure that correspondence, reports, records, files and other activities assigned to the School-Based Public Health Worker are addressed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Holds a high school diploma or GED. Associate Degree or
- Medical Assistant Certification Preferred.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Excellent Technology Skills including the ability to navigate, enter and interpret data from school, state and governmental sites; working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Length of Employment: 175 contract days (October 29th through June 30th)
The School-Based Public Health Worker for COVID Response/Recovery shall have the following duties and responsibilities with direction from the Mingo County Lead School Nurse:
- Assist staff in coordinating vaccination clinics with community partners.
- Coordinate calls/appointments or other scheduling tasks associated with vaccine clinics.
- Serve as a liaison between the Mingo County School District and the Mingo County Health Department for contact tracing and other COVID related communication; implement contact tracing protocols and provide assistance to the nurses in COVID related matters, if needed.
- Receives and distributes information from Mingo County Health Department and the Mingo County School Nurses.
- Provides communication assistance via phone or email with parents, schools, Mingo County Health Department and Mingo County School Nurses.
- Collects and enters data, as directed.
- Provides a report of collected data, as directed.
- Coordinates between Mingo County Schools and state contracted testing labs, as directed.
- Maintains all information and upholds data integrity for student data. Maintains rules for student and staff confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and be able to develop graphs/charts
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Lead School Nurse or Superintendent.
The School-Based Public Health Worker for COVID Response/Recovery shall exhibit the following work habits:
- Maintains work habits that facilitate a positive work environment,
- Displays knowledge within the area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains, completes and submits required reports and/or data in a timely fashion.
- Maintains and/or upgrades skills within area(s) of responsibility.
- Follows county rules and regulations.
- Performs duties efficiently and productively.
- Has impeccable attendance and promptness
- Displays excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Maintains a high quality of work.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with support documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resume Must Include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.
October 13, 2021