POSITION: Reading Coach
LOCATION(s): Lincoln County Schools
REPORTS TO: Lincoln County Director of Federal Programs, MSESC Executive Director
EMPLOYMENT TERM: Full time
JOB SUMMARY: The Reading Coach will work cooperatively with the central office and school based instructional staff and teachers to implement the county-wide and school level strategic plans. The primary area of focus will be providing strategic support for instructional staff and teachers.
- Consult frequently with classroom teachers on matters relating to reading using implemented Lincoln County curriculum and programs.
- Design interventions and write lesson plans detailing methods and materials.
- Assist teachers and other administrators and/or MTSS team in implementing the school reading programs.
- Help teachers diagnose reading strengths and weaknesses and match these skills with appropriate techniques and materials.
- Work with the classroom teacher to coordinate reading instruction designed to meet the individual needs of students.
- Work with the classroom teacher and MTSS team to monitor student progress.
- Perform other responsibilities as may, from time to time, be assigned by the supervisor.
- Participate in Professional Development as requested by supervisor(s).
- Complete documentation regarding student progress and submit to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Maintain a monthly time and effort log.
Holds or qualifies for a WV professional Teaching Certificate endorsed for elementary education or multi-subjects. Reading Certification preferred, but not required.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with support documents via email to email@example.com by 3:00 p.m.
Resume Must Include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
- Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.