Posting Date: June 23, 2020
Position: PST Specialist
Locations: Northern Region
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications.
- High School Diploma minimum.
- Demonstrate proficiency with MS Office including database/spreadsheet management.
- Demonstrate superior interpersonal skills and organizational abilities.
- Demonstrate ability in verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate success in working with groups, completing tasks, and attaining goals
- Experience in the use of computers and software applications.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral directions.
- Thorough knowledge of efficient office operations.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain positive relationships with diverse clientele.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE
WEB page maintenance
Familiarity with one or more area of certification.
- Fire Service
Instructor in one or more of the following areas:
- First Aid/CPR
- Fire Service
EXPECTATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works effectively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrates self-control and exhibits an attitude of mutual respect.
- Demonstrates appropriate ethics and good work habits.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with WVPST staff, instructors, county school system personnel, the general public and others including but not limited to WVOEMS, WVU-FSE and WVDE.
- Maintainsand upgrades professional skills.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to travel throughout the region.
- Maintains records and processes required forms necessary to conduct training needed for state licensing boards, etc.
- Publicizing courses through various media, developing brochures and PSA’s updating Public Service Training & WVPST WEB sites.
- Prepare and distribute instructor materials/equipment associated with a wide variety of classes in a timely manner.
- Order and maintain inventory of books, supplies, equipment and A-V.
- Prepare invoices.
- Perform general clerical duties including but not limited to managing databases, maintaining files, typing all correspondence, records and reports, responding to any telephone calls and returning messages/calls relating to the PST program.
- Assist WVPST Coordinator with administration of emergency response examinations.
- Instruct classes when needed.
- If certification to instruct CPR is not held at the time of employment, WVPST will supply training for certification. Certification must be attained within one year of employment.
- Maintain restricted and confidential information in accordance with Federal guidelines.
- Operate all business machines & technology available in the office and those needed for effective implementation of WVPST sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Resume Must Include:
1. List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
2. List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
3. Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
4. Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
5. List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
July 6, 2020 3:00 p.m.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
MSESC WILL GRANT EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL PERSONS, REGARDLESS OF RACE, AGE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN AND NO DISCRIMINATION BASED ON THESE FACTORS WILL BE MADE IN THE SALARY, PROMOTION, DEMOTION, TRANSFER, OR TERMINATION OF ANY EMPLOYEES.
Regional Public Service Facilitator
PST Coordinator / MSESC Executive Director
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Recommended by the MSESC Executive Director
Confirmed by the MSESC Governing Council
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is a will and pleasure employee of the Mountain State ESC. Continuation of the position is dependent upon funding, enrollment and program performance.
Employment Terms: 240 days annually
Per current Mountain State Educational Services Cooperative Salary Schedule