Part-Time Adult Education Instructor, Tucker County
Posting Date: May 26, 2022
Position: Adult Education Instructor
Locations: North Central Region
1. Professional teaching certificate (preferred) or eligible for an adult license for Adult Basic Education (four year college degree – minimum of 2.5 GPA in original course work; a minimum of 3.0 in course work used in maintenance of certificate or adult license).
2. Prior experience in teaching adults preferred.
3. Knowledge of the characteristics of adult learners preferred.
4. Computer instructional skills required.
5. Effective oral/written communication skills required.
6. Experience with software management systems preferred.
7. Ability to provide basic academic skills, job-readiness, and life-coping skills to adult learners required.
8. Ability to attend teacher training prior to the first class meeting required.
9. Ability to work collaboratively with other agencies and organizations.
Resume Must Include:
1. List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
2. List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
3. Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
4. Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
5. List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Regional Coordinator / MSESC Executive Director
1. Instruct students in basic skills, high school equivalency, life-coping skills, workforce preparation, college-placement, and computer skills.
2. Develop an individual program of study for each student based upon the student’s goals and skill levels.
3. Administer/interpret appropriate assessment instruments when necessary.
4. Conduct confidential student interviews.
5. Utilize a variety of instructional methods and materials that meet individual student needs.
6. Apply accommodations for students with special learning needs and make referrals for diagnosis and special support service when appropriate.
7. Prepare and submit applicable data relating to student enrollment, progress, and completion (or termination).
8. Establish and maintain linkages with community agencies/businesses, career and technical centers, and college programs.
9. Establish and maintain open and effective communications with local DHHR staff.
10. Develop and deliver academic and special topic small and large group activities.
11. Recruit, coordinate, plan extracurricular and supplemental activities including, but not limited to, field trips, guest speakers, special workshops, etc.
12. Input all information into the management information system as required by State regulations
13. Performs other tasks as assigned by the Regional Coordinator.
1. Work effectively as a member of an educational team.
2. Demonstrate self-control and exhibit an attitude of mutual respect with colleagues and program participants.
3. Exhibit ethical behavior and demonstrate good work habits, including punctuality and attendance.
4. Demonstrate enthusiasm and create a positive learning environment.
5. Demonstrate a willingness to work collaboratively with personnel from other agencies.
6. Maintain confidentiality of student information as outlined in section four of the Instructor Handbook.
7. Participate in at least the minimum required Core and Elective professional development sessions per year depending on the number of hours per week of employment. Requirements are adjusted annually according to the Instructor Handbook.
8. Maintain applicable teacher licensing as per the WVDE Department of Teacher Certification guidelines, policies and requirements.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Recommended by the MSESC Executive Director
Confirmed by the MSESC Governing Council
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is a will and pleasure employee of the Mountain State ESC. Continuation of the position is
dependent upon funding, enrollment and program performance.
Per current Mountain State Educational Services Cooperative Salary Schedule
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
or download the region’s application and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org