TITLE: Superintendent of Schools Mingo County Board of Education
REPORTS TO: MingoCounty Board of Education
EMPLOYMENTTERM: Twotofouryears to begin July 1, 2021
SALARYSCHEDULE: Negotiable based upon experience and educational level
JOB GOAL: To successfully administer the operations of the school district as its Chief Executive Officer.
- Hold the required West Virginia certification for Superintendent.
- A minimum of three (3) years administrative experience preferred.
- Administrative experience as a school principal or other school or school system administrator such as central office administrator or other similar positions.
- Acts as the chief executive officer of the county board as may be delineated in his or her contract or other written agreement with the county board, and, under the direction of the state board, execute all its education policies.
- Reports promptly to the county board in such manner as it directs whenever any school in the district appears to be failing to meet the standards for improving education (§18-4-10).
- Attends and participates as secretary to the Board in all meetings of the Board except when the tenure, salary or administration of the county superintendent is under review (§18-4-10).
- Administers as chief school executive, the development and maintenance of a positive educational program designed to meet the needs of the community and to carry out the policies of the Board.
- Advises the Board on the need for new or revised policies and sees that all policies of the Board are implemented.
- Prepares and submits to the Board recommendations relative to all matters requiring Board action, placing before the Board such necessary and helpful facts, information, and reports as are needed to ensure the making of informed decisions.
- Reports to the Board such matters as deemed material to the understanding and proper management of the schools, or as the Board may request.
- Supervises the carrying out of all laws, regulations, and Board policies.
- Makes all administrative decisions necessary to the proper function of the school district.
- Delegates, at own discretion, to other employees of the Board the exercise of all powers or the discharge of any duties with the knowledge that the delegation of power or duty does not relieve the Superintendent of final responsibility for the action taken under such delegation.
- Oversees the timely revisions of all curriculum guides, courses of study, and selection of textbooks.
- Secures and recommends for employment the best qualified and most competent professional and service personnel.
- Directs the preparation of the annual budget for adoption by the Board, and administers the budget as enacted by the Board, acting at all times in accordance with legal requirements and adopted Board policies.
- Establishes and maintains efficient procedures and effective controls for all expenditures of school funds in accordance with the adopted budget.
- Provides suitable instructions and regulations to govern the use and care of school properties.
- Maintains directly, or through delegation; such personnel records; pupil accounting records, business records, and other records which are required by law and by Board policy.
- File, or causes to be filed, all reports required by the state and the school code.
- Recommends the establishment or alteration of attendance boundaries for all schools in the district.
- Represents the district in its dealings with other school systems, institutions, agencies, and community organizations.
- Represents the Board as liaison between the school district and the community.
- Establishes and maintains a program of public relations to keep the public well informed of the activities and needs of the school district, effecting a wholesome and cooperative working relationship between the schools and the community.
- Ensures that employees are openly and honestly evaluated on a regular basis.
- Performs such other tasks as may be necessary to the effective operation of the school district
Posting date March 11, 2021- March 17, 2021
EACH INTERESTED APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTENT AND RESUME UTILIZING THE FOLLOWING PROTOCOL:
ALL LETTERS OF INTENT, RESUME AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT MUST BE MAILED, MUST HAVE 6 COPIES ATTACHED, MUST HAVE THREE (3) LETTERS OF REFERENCE, A COPY OF THE APPLICANTS WEST VIRGINIA SUPERINTENDENTS CERTIFICATION AND MUST BE POSTMARKED BY THE 17TH DAY OF MARCH 2021.
Applications are to be submitted to:
Leslie Tyree, Esquire
3564 Teays Valley Road
Hurricane, West Virginia 25526