POSITION: Middle School Interventionist-Math focus
LOCATION(s): Putnam County Schools-Hurricane Middle School
REPORTS TO: MSESC Executive Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EMPLOYMENT TERM: Part-time
SALARY: Based on qualifications and experience. Position is for the 2023-2024 school year
JOB SUMMARY: The Interventionist will work cooperatively with the central office and school based instructional staff to implement the county-wide and school level strategic plans. The primary area of focus will be providing interventions for students demonstrating skill gaps.
- Consult frequently with classroom teachers on matters relating to reading and math instruction using iReady data as a base.
- Design interventions and write lesson plans detailing methods and materials.
- Assist teachers and other administrators and/or MTSS team in implementing the school reading and math programs.
- Help teachers diagnose reading strengths and weaknesses and match these skills with appropriate techniques and materials.
- Meet with PLC teacher groups to align interventions and discuss assessments and instructional strategies for students.
- Work with the classroom teacher to coordinate reading and math instruction designed to meet the individual needs of students.
- Work with the classroom teacher and MTSS team to monitor student progress.
- Perform other responsibilities as may, from time to time, be assigned by the supervisor.
- Participate in required Professional Development
- Complete documentation regarding student progress and submit to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Maintain a monthly time and effort log.
Holds or qualifies for a WV professional Teaching Certificate endorsed for Core Content or Special Education at the Middle School Level.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with support documents via email to email@example.com
Resume Must Include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
- Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.
September 18, 2023