POSITION: Counselor – Middle School
LOCATION: Logan County Schools
EMPLOYMENT TERM: 200 Days
POSITION TYPE: Professional
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and education level
EVALUATION: Performance in this position will be evaluated by the immediate supervisor.
JOB SUMMARY: A professional school counselor who develops, delivers, and maintains a data driven, comprehensive developmental counseling program addressing the academic, career, and personal/ social development of all students.
- Delivers guidance curriculum in collaboration with classroom teachers and other appropriate professionals;
- Provides direct and indirect services to students;
- Provides counseling for students on an individual and group basis in the effort to solve personal problems, and provide developmental, preventive and remedial guidance and counseling programs to meet academic, social, emotional and physical needs;
- Obtains and disseminates occupational information to students;
- Organizes orientation program for new students entering school;
- Provides individual and group counseling to help students evaluate career/educational interests and choices;
- Assists in scheduling of new students – i.e., subjects needed, credit verification, securing records;
- Assists in the screening and placement of students in appropriate classes, vocational/technical schools, and alternate educational programs (Middle School)
- Provides crisis intervention for students who have serious, urgent or chronic problems;
- Works to prevent students from dropping out of school through individual and group counseling aid (Middle School);
- Provides information for students and parents about at-risk programs;
- Coordinates referrals of students to pupil services and to community agencies, such as mental health, human services, etc.;
- Consult with teachers, staff, and parents regarding the academic and personal/social needs of students
- Coordinates guidance and counseling related activities;
- Interprets test results for students, teachers, parents, and other individuals, upon request;
- Use and analyze student data to maximize students’ performance and academic opportunities;
- Collects and analyzes counseling program data to refine and improve program delivery;
- Performs all duties within the professional ethics outlined in the ASCA National Model; · Attends and participates in all required in-service programs;
- Demonstrates competency in the knowledge and implementation of technology standards.
- Stays current through professional development opportunities;
- Demonstrates punctuality and dependability;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Masters Degree as a school counselor for grade levels K-12, along with WV Dept. of Ed. student support certification as a counselor (Endorsement Code
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Recommended by the MSESC Executive Director
- Confirmed by the MSESC Governing Council.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This position is a will and pleasure employee of the Mountain State ESC. Continuation of the position is dependent upon funding, enrollment and program performance.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application at Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with supporting documents to email@example.com
Resume must include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.
July 20, 2021