POSITION TITLE: Medicaid Specialist
POSTING DATE: August 28, 2019
Location: Mountain State ESC main office, Dunbar
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications.
1. Bachelor’s Degree required.
2. Experience in accounting and Medicaid billing preferred.
- Acts as an expert and assumes responsibility for accurately preparing and submitting Medicaid reports.
- Gathers and analyzes data from a variety of sources in order to maximize reimbursements and complete required billing submissions.
- Be an effective communicator and act as a liaison between county special education directors, finance offices, WVDE Office of School Finance, Department of Health & Human Resources, Public Consulting Group, DXC Technologies and any other persons or agencies involved in the Medicaid reimbursement program.
- Maintains the enrollment status of all licensed therapists who are providing Medicaid services to special education students.
- Prepares monthly reports of Medicaid receipts for Treasurers and Special Education Directors.
- Maintains records and assure confidentiality of student information by adhering to FERPA & HIPAA laws pertaining to protected health information.
- Resolves disputed claims by gathering, verifying, and providing additional information; Resolves discrepancies by examining and evaluating data; selecting corrective steps.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications remains current on Medicaid billing and reimbursement procedures. Must be willing to attend WVDE trainings concerning Medicaid.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director/Designee.
- Bills Medicaid claims in the DXC Technology Portal.
- Train and update Medicaid secretaries and special education directors as new information and regulations become available.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
- Possesses a positive attitude and the ability to work in a collaborative manner.
- Demonstrates full compliance with the requirements of the Employee Code of Conduct in the performance of assigned job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates responsibility, integrity, impartiality, objectivity, patience, and tact in the performance of assigned responsibilities.
- Adheres to local, state, and federal confidentiality laws and policies.
- Communicates with employees and the public in a manner that reflects well upon MSESC.
- Fosters a good working relationship with co-workers.
- Maintains a neat professional appearance.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 240 days
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 5, 2019
Resume Must Include:
1. List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
2. List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of
3. Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
4. Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
5. List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
Dunbar, WV 25064
or download the region’s application and submit via email to email@example.com
MSESC WILL GRANT EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL PERSONS, REGARDLESS OF RACE, AGE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN AND NO DISCRIMINATION BASED ON THESE FACTORS WILL BE MADE IN THE SALARY, PROMOTION, DEMOTION, TRANSFER, OR TERMINATION
OF ANY EMPLOYEES.