POSITION: MATHCOUNTS Coach-Extracurricular
LOCATION(s): Positions available statewide
REPORTS TO: MATHCOUNTS Chapter Coordinator, Volunteer
EMPLOYMENT TERM: September 2023-March 2024
JOB SUMMARY: The applicant will assemble and coach a team that consists of four middle school students and other individual competitors from the middle school they are currently employed. It is expected the MATHCOUNTS team will meet two days a week for an hour after school to prepare for the Chapter Competition in February 2024 and potentially the State Competition in March 2024 if the team or individual competitors advance. Materials from MATHCOUNTS National will be provided to assist the coach in preparing the assembled team and individuals. If the coach is of the winning team at the State Competition, the coach must be willing to coach the State Team at the National Competition in May of 2024. Total approximate work hours are forty for this assignment but could vary depending on the team/individual success.
The applicant must be currently employed as a middle school math teacher.
- Prior MATHCOUNTS experience is preferred but not a requirement.
- Certified math teachers are preferred but not mandatory.
- For more information about the program visit mathcounts.org.
$1,500 per MATHCOUNTS season, September 2023-March 2024 to be paid in two equal installments. The coach of the National Team will be paid an additional $350 to prepare the team for the competition and travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with support documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3:00 p.m.
Resume Must Include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
- Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.