Position: Manager of Information Systems
Reports to: Director of Technology
Primary Functions: The Manager of Information Systems will monitor and oversee system integration from student information systems to other platforms in use by the district. They will also supervise, manage and lead all aspects of the technology department in the school system. The Manager of Information Systems will work collaboratively with the Director of Technology and district and school administrators to ensure that all operations in the technology department are functioning in an effective and efficient manner.
Expectations: To monitor system integration, manage technology projects, provide effective leadership, oversight and supervision of the technology department.
Supervises: All members of the technology department.
- Minimum of a Four-Year Degree in technology, information systems, or related field;
- Experience in managing system integration, database connectivity, SQL, project planning, preferred;
- Personnel management skills including, but not limited to, efficient planning, directing, oversight, staffing, and scheduling of personnel;
- Effective communication skills necessary to present updates to Board of Education, district leadership teams, complete required reports, memoranda to employees, and communications with the public;
- Planning skills necessary to prioritize technology support tasks and work orders, revise and develop project schedules, and coordinate technology staff schedules;
- Expert skills with Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, Outlook, Office 365 applications;
- Budgetary planning experience preferred.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and monitoring system integration between student information system and instructional and operational programs.
- Act as a point of contact for technical support and user support with instructional and operational platforms in place (I.e. Schoology, Clever, Apple, i-Ready, Apptegy, etc.)
- Oversee progress of technology projects, managing timelines and planning system implementation for new systems or changes in existing systems as they arise.
- Assist with budgetary planning for technology initiatives, system implementation, system support, infrastructure upgrades, security planning, and other projects as they arise.
- Point of contact for technicians to prioritize daily tasks and outstanding work orders.
- Manage after-hours wiring projects, schedule crew as needed to complete work, and submit plans to Director of Technology for approval.
- Work with technology staff to document systems and practices in place with points of contact outlined.
- Assist with procurement processes, outlining system specifications, working with Director of Technology and district Finance Director proving information for RFPs, assisting with bid evaluations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with support documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resume Must Include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
3.Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
4.Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
5.List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.