Mountain State ESC Job Description
POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse – COVID Response (hourly as needed)
REPORTS TO: School Nurse and MSESC Executive Director
JOB GOAL: Due to the pandemic the successful applicant will provide COVID response and other health care services to students under the supervision of a school nurse. Standards of School Nursing Practice will be followed.
LOCATION: Applicants may be assigned to one or more designated location to serve the needs of the school systems of Mingo County.
- Be licensed by the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Must have and maintain First Aid and CPR Certifications.
- Have general understanding of the purposes and organization of public education.
- Have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to perform basic and specialized health care procedures for students in accordance with the WV Basic and Specialized HealthCare Procedure Manual, under the supervision of the certified school nurse.
- Be able to maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students.
- Be flexible in the scheduling of lunch and breaks as determined by student needs.
- Shall be capable of lifting/restraining/transferring students.
EXPECTATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the supervision of a School Nurse, will assist with COVID response efforts and provide health care services to students.
- Provide health services for students including first aid care and acute illnesses.
- Exhibit promptness in completing schedules, reports, work assignments, etc.
- Demonstrates appropriate ethics and good work habits.
- Collaborate and work with outside agencies for student and staff wellness to include COVID response efforts.
- Shall perform other related duties as may be assigned by the school nurse or other administrative staff.
TERM: The successful applicants will work as need and are will and pleasure employees.
SALARY: $18/hour (no benefits provided)
STARTING DATE: To be Determined
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: September 1, 2020 at 3:00
Resume Must Include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
- Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application and submit along with support documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3:00 pm on September 1, 2020.
MSESC WILL GRANT EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL PERSONS, REGARDLESS OF RACE, AGE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN AND NO DISCRIMINATION BASED ON THESE FACTORS WILL BE MADE IN THE SALARY, PROMOTION, DEMOTION, TRANSFER, OR TERMINATION
OF ANY EMPLOYEES.