TITLE OF VACANCY: Jobs & Hope WV – Community Engagement Specialist
POSITION TYPE: Professional
ADMINISTRATIVE UNIT: Mountain State Educational Services Cooperative
LOCATION: Statewide, based in Charleston
POSTING DATE: June 1, 2020
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop and implement a prevention and support reentry program in collaboration with current Jobs & Hope WV initiatives and WV DMAPS.
Provide prevention training, reentry awareness, and stigma reduction training.
Work in partnership with state and community partners to promote Jobs & Hope WV reentry initiatives and plan for future partnerships.
Seek financial and in-kind resources to sustain the program.
Activities include, but not limited to, grant writing, developing partnerships and collaborations.
Other duties as assigned by WVDE program director.
NOTICE OF VACANCY
An Equal Opportunity Employer
• Demonstrates strong inter-personal skills, and the ability to work with diverse populations
facing crisis situations in a professional and diplomatic manner.
• Demonstrates self-control and exhibits an attitude of mutual respect and tolerance.
• Demonstrates ethical conduct and good work habits such as punctuality and attendance.
• Works effectively as a member of a team within a multi-disciplinary framework.
• Has excellent communication skills, oral and written, excellent presentation skills using current
technologies, and the ability conduct and participate in meetings.
• Maintains a valid driver’s license.
• Has experience working with individuals with employment barriers, preferably with some job
development or directly related experience.
• Is self-motivated and demonstrates the ability to manage multiple tasks/assignments to
accomplish high-quality work to meet demanding deadlines with little direct supervision.
• Is knowledgeable in the field of addiction, treatment, recovery help, and employment trends.
• Demonstrates self-direction and the ability to use software applications for personal productivity
• Has existing employer contacts and experience presenting to business and industry.
• Maintains confidentiality of participant records and program files.
Prior experience working in an adult correctional facility and/or public safety
Ability to communicate effectively with staff and stakeholders.
Experience providing professional development and public speaking.
This position is a will and pleasure employee of the Mountain State ESC. Continuation of the position is dependent upon funding, enrollment, and program performance. Each employee is subject to termination at any time, with or without notice, cause or compensation. Reasons for termination include, but are not limited to immorality, incompetency, cruelty, insubordination, intemperance, willful neglect of duty, unsatisfactory performance, the conviction of a felony or guilty plea or pleas of not contest to a felony charge, misuse of funds or property, violations of law or policies, lack of need, or lack or loss of funding.
SALARY: Commensurate with education level and years of related experience.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING OF APPLICATION: June 5, 2020
NOTE: Candidates for employment must complete a cover letter, resume, and official application form.
Resume must include
list of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned;
list of employers for the past ten years;
description of responsibilities /work experience in previous employment;
alignment of work experience with posted job description;
list of at least three references including address and telephone numbers.
APPLY TO: Jan Hanlon, Executive Director, 501 22nd Street, Dunbar, WV 25064
www.mountainstateesc.com/job-postings OR email email@example.com
DISCRIMINATION PROHIBITED: Mountain State ESC will grant equal employment opportunities to all persons,
regardless or race, age, religion, color, sex or national origin and no discrimination based on these factors will be made
in the salary, promotion, demotion, transfer, or termination of any employees.