Posting Date: October 16,2023
Position: Itinerant Social Worker, Lincoln County
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications.
Professional Duties and Responsibilities:
1.The Itinerant Social Worker is responsible for the implementation, integration, alignment and coordination of the community school strategy at the site level.
2.The Itinerant Social Worker is also accountable to the school principal and is therefore expected to plan and align all programs, services and opportunities collaboratively.
3.The Itinerant Social Worker will also be responsible for implementing a menu of needs-driven, high-quality programs and services in adherence with the community school model, including but not limited to early childhood programs, expanded learning and enrichment opportunities, health services, parent/family engagement, adult education, direct material assistance and interventions targeted to chronically absent students.
4.The Itinerant Social Worker will also coordinate and facilitate the provision of appropriate community resources to identified students to help them stay in school and graduate; encourage parent/caretaker involvement in the educational process of their student; provide individualized support to students and families.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create, maintain and document student files and enter data into the CISDM System
- Develop good working relationships with school staff, parents, volunteers and community partners
- Collect data, compile and complete required reports utilizing the approved data management system (CISDM)
- Retain records for all services and activities provided and enter into CISDM (data management system)
- Coordinate needs and resource assessment activities on an ongoing basis, employing a variety of strategies and including a broad cross-section of stakeholders.
- Attend appropriate school, local, state trainings and/or meetings
- Other duties assigned by administrator/Director of Federal Programs or Executive Director
- Valid WV Social Work License
- Good understanding of Data Entry
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with the Community in Schools model
Resume Must Include:
List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
or download the region’s application and submit via email to email@example.com
MSESC WILL GRANT EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL PERSONS, REGARDLESS OF RACE, AGE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN AND NO DISCRIMINATION BASED ON THESE FACTORS WILL BE MADE IN THE SALARY, PROMOTION, DEMOTION, TRANSFER, OR TERMINATION OF ANY EMPLOYEES.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Recommended by the MSESC Executive Director
Confirmed by the MSESC Governing Council
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 2023-2024 School year
SALARY: Per current Mountain State Educational Services Cooperative Salary