POSITION TITLE: Information Systems Technician – Three (3) position available
Locations: One (1) position – Charleston, WV
One (1) position – Clarksburg, WV
One (1) position – Martinsburg, WV
- The staff member works effectively as a member of an educational team.
- The staff member demonstrates self-control.
- The staff member exhibits an attitude of mutual respect and tolerance.
- The staff member is ethical.
- The staff member demonstrates good work habits.
- The staff member demonstrates effective writing and oral presentation skills.
- The staff member demonstrates expertise in areas of responsibility.
- The staff member demonstrates an ability to work effectively with adult education, public service training, Mountain State ESC, institutional personnel and others.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, troubleshoot, and support computer hardware including but not limited to the following: PC’s hard drives, other wired and wireless storage drives, RAM, network, and video cards, monitors, laptops, tablets, scanners, printers (laser and ink jet), hubs, switches, file server,; and back-up power supplies.
- Install, troubleshoot, and support software programs including but not limited to the following: Microsoft Windows (all versions), Microsoft NT Server and Server 2000, Microsoft Office (all versions), Plato Learning, TABE PC, CareerScope, AEMIS, WVEIS, and other software as assigned.
- Install, troubleshoot, and support network protocols including but not limited to the following: IPX/SPX/NetBIOS, NetBEUI, and TCP/IP.
- Troubleshoot and support network cabling topologies including but not limited to the following: 10BaseT, 100BaseT, and Fiber.
- Install, troubleshoot, and support hardware and software in stand-alone, LAN, and WAN environments.
- Maintain professional work habits.
- Comply with the various host agency policies and procedures as applicable.
- Maintain and upgrade professional skills.
- Provide computer and software training to personnel as required.
- Assist with integrating technology into the curriculum.
- Assist with technology evaluations and purchases.
- Ability to travel throughout West Virginia.
- Other duties as assigned by the Mountain State ESC Executive Director
- Minimum of two years field experience in the installation, troubleshooting, and supporting of personal computer systems (All Windows versions), Microsoft Office, printers, peripherals, switches, hubs, and file servers.
- Possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully: (a) perform the job requirements; (b) work within the special setting of institutions such as juvenile and adult state correctional facilities, regional jails, juvenile detention centers, and human service institutions; and (c) work as part of a technology group in conjunction with education personnel.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Extensive travel with some overnight travel.
- CompTIA A+ certification
- CompTIA Network+ certification.
- Associate Degree in related field
- Microsoft Office Specialist.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer.
- Working knowledge and installation experience with the following software programs: Destinations, Plato Learning, TABE PC, CareerScope, AEMIS, and WVEIS.
Salary $57,000 plus benefits, 261 days
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with support documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on November 15, 2021
Resume Must Include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
- Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.
November 1, 2021