POSITION: Teacher for Deaf and Hard of Hearing – Full time
LOCATION: Logan County Schools
EMPLOYMENT TERM: 200 Days
POSITION TYPE: Professional
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and education level
EVALUATION: Performance in this position will be evaluated by the immediate supervisor.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide appropriate instruction to students and insure that the students meet the learning objective and standards for the appropriate grade level.
- Develops and implements Individual Education Programs (IEPs) in accordance with Policy 2419;
- Participates in Eligibility Committee and Individual Education Program Committee (IEPC) meetings as appropriate;
- Meets deadlines and standards for individual educational programs (IEP) update and review as prescribed by law/policy and administrative regulations for all students served in their program by date of review;
- Effectively directs the aide(s) assigned to the classroom;
- Provides general educator with a current IEP for each student assigned paired with suggested instructional strategies;
- Implements adopted and supplemental academic programs to meet individualized needs of students with exceptionalities;
- Positives behavior support training;
- Responsible for implementing 21ST Century technology skills;
- Monitors student progress towards achieving instructional objectives and goals on the IEPs;
- Administers approved formative assessments;
- Plans and implements personalized learning for reading and mathematics, where applicable;
- Communicates with students, parents, and peers in an efficient manner
- Fosters a classroom climate conducive to learning;
- Addresses and implements students’ IEPs and 504 Plans and recommends revisions when needed;
- Implements any other programs designated by principal for school improvement;
- Demonstrates competency in the knowledge and implementation of technology standards;
- Stays current through professional development opportunities;
- Demonstrates punctuality and dependability;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Hold or be able to obtain WV Certificate for Deaf and Hard of Hearing or Hearing Impaired. Must demonstrate advanced level of American Sign Language (ASL) (SCIP rating).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Recommended by the MSESC Executive Director
- Confirmed by the MSESC Governing Council.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This position is a will and pleasure employee of the Mountain State ESC. Continuation of the position is dependent upon funding, enrollment and program performance.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application at Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3:00 p.m.
Resume must include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.
July 20, 2021