Position: Director of Financial Services
Posting Date: May 3, 2023
Location: Mountain State ESC
Employment term: Full time
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
2. At least 6 years of WV School District accounting experience. This should include processing complex financial transactions, ensuring compliance with all federal, legal, or contractual requirements, recordkeeping, and preparation of monthly, quarterly, of budgets, annual reporting with emphasis on governmental procurement.
3. Knowledge of WVEIS
4. Knowledge of Cooperative Purchasing
5.Effective oral/written communication skills required.
6.Purchasing experience at the government level
Resume Must Include:
1. List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and degrees earned.
2. List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
3. Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
4. Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
5. List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
MSESC Executive Director
- Mentor new or inexperienced County Business Officials
- Procure products and services and have a vast knowledge of procurement policies for West Virginia
- Follow WV procurement policies and procedures
- Communicate with school districts concerning financial services of Mountain State ESC
- Administer Association of Educational Purchasing Agencies (AEPA cooperative purchasing contracts and bids
- Responsible for conducting market research and obtaining vendors who provide needed products and/or services
- Develop technical specifications and bid documents for products and/or services to be procured
- Create and publish all Requests for Proposals (RFPs) needed to secure requested products and/or services
- Conduct public bid openings for the RFPs
- Ensure responsive vendors submit all required documentation
- Evaluate RFPs and award to winning vendor
- Notify participating vendors the outcome of the solicitation
- Ensure selected vendor performs the duties as outlined in the RFP
- Ensure contracts with renewal provisions are renewed in a timely manner
- Create award documents to be issued to winning vendors
- Educate school districts, municipalities, colleges and universities, non-profits entities, and government officials on the AEPA contracts, vendors, products and services
- Work with government officials to complete local or state projects
- Notify districts of possible products
- Analyze market and complete need assessments of items to be procured
- Develop strong relationships with district, 501c (3) s, universities, and municipalities concerning procurement and mentoring
- Notify vendors of WV construction projects
- Gain knowledge of AEPA vendors, and work with the team to market their products and services
- Travel to AEPA conferences and county meetings when deemed necessary
- Meet AEPA growth goals
- Establish sound relationships with government, county, college and municipalities officials
- Develop relationships with vendors
- Work with the Mountain State Marketing Team to monitor AEPAWV website, increase social media presence
- Explore ecommerce platforms to increase sales
- Other duties as assigned by Mountain State ESC Executive Director
1. Work effectively as a member of an educational team.
2. Demonstrate self-control and exhibit an attitude of mutual respect with colleagues and program participants.
3. Exhibit ethical behavior and demonstrate good work habits, including punctuality and attendance.
4. Demonstrate a willingness to work collaboratively with personnel from other agencies.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Recommended by the MSESC Executive Director
Confirmed by the MSESC Governing Council
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is a will and pleasure employee of the Mountain State ESC. Continuation of the position is dependent upon funding, enrollment and program performance.
Commensurate with experience and education
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.