Posting Date: June 1, 2020
Position: CTE/Mathematics/PBL Instructional Innovation Coach Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Term of Employment: 240 days, grant funded
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Responsible for providing teacher, district and school instructional support through coaching and professional development.
This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
- Designs, plans, facilitates, and evaluates professional development with teachers, students and administrators.
- Specifics efforts include but are not limited to: WVDE mathematics initiatives and school-based innovation efforts such as the middle school Empowerment Academy model.
- Coaches teachers and teacher leaders for continuous school improvement, in particular, support of state mathematics initiatives and for WVDE Empowerment Academy pilot middle schools.
- Prepares and presents professional development material to principals, teachers, and other school staff.
- Creates, organizes, and publishes via organizational channels, instructional tools/materials for embedded mathematics teachers in career technical education settings.
- Analyzes district and site teacher effectiveness data to determine strategic recommendations and/or district professional development.
- Observes and provides teacher feedback on classroom instruction; communicates with school and district leaders regarding teacher progress towards instructional shifts.
- Collects evidence of instructional strategies; uses evidence to help teachers, coaches, and administrators adjust instruction.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit’s service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Represents the organization and representative partners with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
No supervisory responsibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Minimum of a Master’s degree in Mathematics; additional certifications in Instructional Leadership, Curriculum or a related field is of interest; AND five (5) years of classroom experience, with at least two years in the role of an embedded academic teacher in a CTE setting; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Current trends in education and instructional design.
- Principles and practices of instruction, effective lesson planning and lesson design.
- Principles and practices of project management.
- Principles, practices, materials and techniques of public information and education.
- Computer applications/software related to the work.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Principles and techniques of making effective oral presentations.
- Collaborating with CTE teachers and within CTE learning environments
- Managing multiple projects and priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Managing teachers and leaders in the execution of a school improvement process.
- Using computer-aided desktop publishing hardware and software.
- Maintaining accurate records of work performed.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Analyzing multiple sources of data to make decisions on improving instruction.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
- Must have or previously had a teaching certificate.
- Driver’s License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in typical office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Work is subject to exposure to extended travel.
Resume Must Include:
1. List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
2. List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
3. Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
4. Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
5. List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
June 5, 2020, 3:00 p.m.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
MSESC WILL GRANT EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL PERSONS, REGARDLESS OF RACE, AGE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN AND NO DISCRIMINATION BASED ON THESE FACTORS WILL BE MADE IN THE SALARY, PROMOTION, DEMOTION, TRANSFER, OR TERMINATION OF ANY EMPLOYEES.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Recommended by the MSESC Executive Director
Confirmed by the MSESC Governing Council
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is a will and pleasure employee of the Mountain State ESC. Continuation of the position is dependent upon funding, enrollment and program performance.
Per current Mountain State Educational Services Cooperative Salary Schedule