JOB TITLE: CTE Learning & Development Coordinator
Location: Hybrid-Dunbar, WV /Remote
REPORTS TO: Mountain State Educational Services Cooperative Executive Director
Position Type: Professional
Employment Term: Full-time 261 days
Salary: $80,000-$85,000 based on degree and experience
Posting date: January 26, 2024
- Collaborate with WVDE to establish and formulate an all-encompassing professional development strategy that incorporates collaborative problem-solving techniques and data-driven decision-making.
- Facilitate and provide assistance to networking groups by overseeing the progress and execution of educator preparation workshops (both in-person and online), determining the agenda topics, and selecting presenters.
- Develop methods and tools, collect data, and evaluate the effectiveness of professional development activities and participation; prepare reports and recommendations related to outcomes and possible improvements; evaluates professional development needs through assessment, needs analysis, surveying, and consultation with appropriate parties.
- Provide support to individuals and/or county representatives in navigating the procedure of acquiring CTE teacher certification; tackle any difficulties faced during the educator preparation process; carry out audits of the effectiveness of the teacher preparation program, either on-site or remotely.
- Organize, strategize, and synchronize necessary on-site performance assessments for pre-service CTE educators; keep track of participants’ records; aid in overseeing and monitoring the performance of CTE preparation programs.
- Collaborate with WVDE to ensure understanding of all assigned project activities; responsible for establishing project schedules and deliverables.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, business, leadership, or related field of study with a master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in teaching and/or administrative experience in CTE.
- Effective communication, in written/online/oral formats, with individuals and groups in a professional manner.
- Extensive experience using online platforms to conduct virtual meetings and trainings.
- Familiarity with educator licensure.
- Experience in coordinating and developing the activities of a comprehensive professional development program.
- The staff member works effectively as a member of the educational team.
- The staff member demonstrates self-control and exhibits an attitude of mutual respect and tolerance.
- The staff member demonstrates ethical conduct and good work habits such as punctuality and attendance.
- The staff member demonstrates self-direction and the ability to use software applications for work productivity and collaboration.
- The staff member is self-motivated and demonstrates the ability to manage multiple tasks/assignments to accomplish high-quality work to meet demanding deadlines with minimal supervision.
- The staff member demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills, and excellent presentation skills using current technologies.
- The staff member is able to travel throughout West Virginia and out-of-state on an occasional basis (including air travel), as well as occasional weekends/evenings as position demands.
- The staff member understands that work assignments may change or be added, as priorities emerge within the work.
This position is a will and pleasure employee of the Mountain State ESC. Continuation of the position is dependent upon funding, enrollment, and program performance. Each employee is subject to termination at any time, with or without notice, cause or compensation. Reasons for termination include, but are not limited to immorality, incompetency, cruelty, insubordination, intemperance, willful neglect of duty, unsatisfactory performance, the conviction of a felony or
guilty plea or pleas of not contest to a felony charge, misuse of funds or property, violations of law or policies, lack of need, or lack or loss of funding.
Send Application & Resume: Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director Mountain State ESC 501 22nd Street Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with support documents via email to email@example.com
Resume Must Include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s)
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
- Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.