Posting Date: May 23, 2023
Job Title: Credit Recovery Coach (Mingo Central High School)
Reports to: Building Administrator
Employment Term: Full-time, to commence upon hiring. Position would follow the Mingo County Schools Calendar for 200-day employees, and high school summer school program. Mountain State ESC, with the approval of the District Superintendent, may offer a renewal of the employment contract for the 2023-2024 school year.
Salary: Commiserate with teacher salary
The Credit Recovery Coach provides facilitation and guidance to students enrolled in the Credit Recovery program. The Credit Recovery Coach will work with the Credit Recovery Teacher to provide tutoring for credit recovery students, and to help students manage their coursework to stay on-track for completion.
Essential Job Functions:
- Implement Board policies
- Provides tutoring
- Prepares to facilitate online learning modules, activities, assignments, assessments, and materials that follow curriculum guidelines
- Provides timely feedback on summative and formative assessments to allow students to improve skills necessary for post-secondary success
- Collaborates with students to set timelines and goals for completing coursework
- Collaborates and communicates with colleagues, students, and families to determine best practices and strategies for improving student achievement and recovering high school credit
- Attends to classroom management issues and concerns
- Regularly reports student progress and completes other record-keeping duties
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a related field preferred
- West Virginia teaching certification preferred
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
MSESC WILL GRANT EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL PERSONS, REGARDLESS OF RACE, AGE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN AND NO DISCRIMINATION BASED ON THESE FACTORS WILL BE MADE IN THE SALARY, PROMOTION, DEMOTION, TRANSFER, OR TERMINATION OF ANY EMPLOYEES.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Recommended by the MSESC Executive Director
Confirmed by the MSESC Governing Council
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is a will and pleasure employee of the Mountain State ESC. Continuation of the position is dependent upon funding, enrollment and program performance.