Title: Computer Repair Technician-Wayne County (240 days)
Posting Date: May 3, 2021
Location: Wayne County
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications.
JOB FOCUS: To repair and maintain public school microcomputer hardware and software, install computers and service labs under MSESC contact.
- High school diploma or GED with a minimum of two years of successful experience in the field of electronics; or,
- High school diploma or GED with two years of post-high school training in electronics
- Must be able to perform circuit board level repair
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- A+ Certification necessary to perform high quality computer repairs
- Enrolled/completed the MSESC Technical Certification Training Plan for technicians.
- Analyzes cause of microcomputer failure: i.e. hardware or software.
- Repairs and maintains computer hardware (Desktops, Laptops, Servers), software, and network equipment (network cabling, switches, wireless units, etc.)
- Completes minor repairs on site (lcd screens, cabling) and major repairs at the office (circuit boards, soldering,).
- Maintains an inventory listing of all equipment, tools and parts; orders replacement or upgrade parts as necessary; establishes a maintenance record on equipment services; and submits service reports as required.
- Working knowledge of Windows 10.
- Basic knowledge of Windows Servers, Microsoft Domains, and networking.
- Installs and repairs projectors, interactive boards, IP cameras and NVR’s.
- Submits data to support the development of monthly parts billing invoices and reports.
- Good work ethic; works independently; follows instructions accurately and dependably.
- Continues to upgrade job performance skills through continuing education training (must maintain certification).
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director/Designee.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Resume Must Include:
List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
May 10, 2021 at 3:00 p.m.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
or download the region’s application and submit via email to email@example.com
MSESC WILL GRANT EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL PERSONS, REGARDLESS OF RACE, AGE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN AND NO DISCRIMINATION BASED ON THESE FACTORS WILL BE MADE IN THE SALARY, PROMOTION, DEMOTION, TRANSFER, OR TERMINATION OF ANY EMPLOYEES.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Recommended by the MSESC Executive Director
Confirmed by the MSESC Governing Council
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is a will and pleasure employee of the Mountain State ESC. Continuation of the position is dependent upon funding, enrollment and program performance.
SALARY: Established by the MSESC governing council