JOB TITLE: Communities In Schools (CIS) Regional Specialist
Location: Central WV
REPORTS TO: Mountain State Educational Services Cooperative Executive Director
COLLABORATIVE PARTNER: West Virginia Department of Education (WVDE) CIS Coordinators
F L S A Status: Exempt
Employment Term: Full-time 240 days
Posting date: March 16, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for planning and supporting expansion of CIS of West Virginia program, ensuring fidelity to the model and quality delivery of services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Program support, implementation, and reporting of program operations, ensuring compliance with grants, and CIS National Total Quality Standards.
- Assist with training county CIS staff and other contracted employees as needed.
- Collaborate with school district(s), school(s), and partners to provide and monitor effective program development and coordination.
- Collaborate with WVDE Coordinators as needed.
- Conduct site visits to ensure program quality.
- Create new partnerships and linkages with community, government, business, and civic organizations to develop a wide range of educational and human services.
- Support the maintenance of proper data, records, and reports, using approved CIS National and/or grant data management systems.
- Analyze and use data to guide program development, continuous improvement, and produce needed reports.
- Coordinate service activities with students as needed.
- Collaborate and/or coordinate community engagement opportunities.
- Support other CIS partner initiatives as requested/needed.
- Proactively assess needs and resources statewide.
- Travel extensively throughout West Virginia.
- Participate in CIS training provided by the WVDE for initial on-boarding (up to 10 working days).
- Participate in CIS planning meetings held by the WVDE a minimum of 2 days per month for continued collaboration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree preferred in social service or related field
- Experience in program development, management, and supervision
- Experience in grant oversight
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Apply strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Competent with using Data Management Systems
Send Application & Resume: Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director Mountain State ESC 501 22nd Street Dunbar, WV 25064 Or download the application Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with support documents via email to email@example.com
Resume Must Include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of
- immediate supervisor(s).
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
- Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.