POSITION: Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) – Itinerant
LOCATION: Logan County Schools
EMPLOYMENT TERM: 200 Days
POSITION TYPE: Professional
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and education level
EVALUATION: Performance in this position will be evaluated by the immediate supervisor.
JOB SUMMARY: The Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant provides unique therapeutic services to enhance the goals and objectives of eligible students. The COTA is primarily responsible for implementing the therapeutic program prescribed by the occupational therapist.
- Implements a program in accordance with federal, state and county laws, policies and regulations;
- Promotes independence in activities of daily living (including dressing and feeding) through problem solving, suggesting adaptations and observation of the student;
- Observes, problem solves and suggests positioning techniques to enhance educational participation and maximize function;
- Consults and assists classroom staff through gathering and sharing information at team meetings when requested;
- Discusses and exchanges information about the students assigned with the occupational therapist;
- Utilizes task analysis to suggest techniques to the educational team with regard to feeding, activities of daily living, pre-writing, pre-cutting, and other skills needed for school performance;
- Implements the individualized/small group therapeutic program prescribed by the occupational therapist based on goals and objectives;
- Collaborates with colleagues and parents in order to share information and expertise to plan and implement effective student programs;
- Assists occupational therapist in determining extent to which goals and objectives are being met by collecting and maintaining data on individual student goals;
- Assists therapist in formulating new goals based on data analysis;
- Assumes appropriate roles as adult model, behavior manager and educator;
- Stays current through professional development opportunities;
- Demonstrates punctuality and dependability;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Holds or qualifies for a valid West Virginia licensure as a COTA.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Recommended by the MSESC Executive Director
- Confirmed by the MSESC Governing Council.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This position is a will and pleasure employee of the Mountain State ESC. Continuation of the position is dependent upon funding, enrollment and program performance.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application at Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resume must include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.
August 31, 2021