POSITION: Austim Teacher-Logan County
EMPLOYMENT TERM: 200 days
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and education level.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide appropriate instruction to students and insure that the students meet the learning objectives and standards for the appropriate grade level.
- Responsible for planning and implementing Logan County Schools’ standards-based curriculum based on WV Content Standards and Objectives.
- Responsible for implementing adopted and supplemental academic programs.
- Responsible for planning and implementing collaborative model with special education students and teachers.
- May be responsible for planning & implementing designated co-curricular activities and/or programs at the school such as curricular fairs, awards programs and field trips
- Be accountable for individual student achievement.
- Responsible for planning and implementing personalized learning for all students.
- Strong working/communication skills with students, parents and peers.
- Willing to implement any other programs designated by principal or county for school improvement.
- Responsible for maintaining classroom control.
- Stays current through professional development opportunities
- Demonstrates punctuality and dependability
- Includes supervisory and/or other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: Valid teaching certificate licensing the individual to teach in the specializations and grade levels.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Most commonly, the educational setting is indoors with outdoor settings for recess and field trip activities.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Recommended by the MSESC Executive Director
Confirmed by the MSESC Governing Council
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This position is a will and pleasure employee of Mountain State ESC. Continuation of the position is dependent upon funding, enrollment, and program performance.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application at Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resume must include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.