QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Audiologist have a doctorate of audiology (Au.D.)
2.Certified, or can be certified, by the West Virginia Board of Education
JOB FOCUS: To provide diagnostic audiological evaluations of children and to provide assistance to teachers, administrators and parents in the identification and habilitation of the hearing impaired.
- Provides coordination for the Mountain State ESC Audiological program.
- Provides pre-service training and in-service training relevant to needs of speech and language pathologists, teachers of the hearing impaired, health nurses, and any personnel associated with the screening and management of pre-school and school-age individuals.
- Makes periodic supervisory visits to county hearing-screening programs for the purpose of monitoring screening procedures.
- Performs routine calibration checks of county hearing-screening audiometers and impedance instruments.
- Administers comprehensive audiological evaluations consisting of the following:
- Hearing evaluations, including pure-tone air conduction and bone conduction audiometry, speech audiometry and acoustic immittance measures.
- Hearing aid evaluations.
- Hearing aid checks.
- Follow-up hearing evaluations, annually or as needed.
- Performs electroacoustic analysis of hearing aids and amplification systems of hearing impaired individuals and provides noise level measurements in schools.
- Provides recommendations relative to types of hearing aids and coordinates hearing aid maintenance programs.
- Provides consultant services to parents, administrators, teachers, etc., regarding educational needs of the hearing impaired individual.
- Provides consultant services to SAT and IEP committees.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director/Designee.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Recommended by the Executive Director
Confirmed by the MSESC Governing Council
Resume Must Include:
1. List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
2. List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
3. Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
4. Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
5. List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Send Application and Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar WV 25064
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are available by clicking the link below:
MSESC WILL GRANT EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL PERSONS, REGARDLESS OF RACE, AGE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN AND NO DISCRIMINATION BASED ON THESE FACTORS WILL BE MADE IN THE SALARY, PROMOTION, DEMOTION, TRANSFER, OR TERMINATION OF ANY EMPLOYEES.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is a will and pleasure employee of the Mountain State ESC. Continuation of the position is dependent upon funding, enrollment and program performance.