POSITION: Administrative Assistant
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Provide primary administrative support to Executive Director, Deputy Director,
and Training Coordinator. Provide secondary administrative support as needed to tenants of WV Wood
Technology Center facility. Provide financial accounting services, property management, and various
other administrative support services to the WV Wood Technology Center and Randolph County
LOCATION: West Virginia Wood Technology Center, Elkins, Randolph County, WV
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
QUALIFICATIONS – REQUIRED:
• Associate degree in business related field, vocational education, wood products, manufacturing,
or related fields
• Have at least three (3) years of work experience in an office setting
• Proficient in various computer programs including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, and
• Ability to travel regionally
QUALIFICATIONS – PREFERRED:
• Experience working with oil & gas industry
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform standard administrative support functions including answering the phone, greeting
visitors, processing mail
• Assist with student recruitment of WVWTC courses
• Schedule course offerings
• Assist with management of wood shop activities
• Assist with the management of the woodworkers cooperative
• Prepare and maintain all financials including but not limited to all bank accounts, payroll, A/P,
• Prepare and file all monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll tax returns
• Procure and coordinate annual audits
• Assist with the preparation and administration of operating and capital budgets
• Provide administrative/financial support services for WVWTC tenants as contracted
• Serve as property manager for the WVWTC and RCDA
• Maintain positive relationship with visitors, prospects, students, etc.
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director, Deputy Director, and Training Coordinator
Resume Must Include:
List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
May 7, 2021 at 3:00 p.m.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
or download the region’s application and submit via email to email@example.com
MSESC WILL GRANT EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL PERSONS, REGARDLESS OF RACE, AGE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN AND NO DISCRIMINATION BASED ON THESE FACTORS WILL BE MADE IN THE SALARY, PROMOTION, DEMOTION, TRANSFER, OR TERMINATION OF ANY EMPLOYEES.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Recommended by the MSESC Executive Director
Confirmed by the MSESC Governing Council
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is a will and pleasure employee of the Mountain State ESC. Continuation of the position is dependent upon funding, enrollment and program performance.
Per current Mountain State Educational Services Cooperative Salary