Posting Date: January 15, 2019
Position: Adult Education Program Assistant (Part-time)
Locations: North Central Region
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications.
- Minimum high school diploma or high school equivalency.
- Computer skills required, including knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, data entry programs and Internet skills.
- Ability to connect and troubleshoot technological equipment, including computers, interactive whiteboard, projectors, document camera, etc.
- Effective oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Organize, reliable, and conscientious.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of adult learners and prior experience in delivering training and/or instruction to adult learners is preferred.
- Must be fingerprinted upon hiring.
Resume Must Include:
1. List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
2. List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s)
. 3. Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment
4. Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
5. List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Application January 29, 2019 Deadline: 3:00 p.m.
Send Application& Resume
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
MSESC WILL GRANT EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL PERSONS, REGARDLESS OF RACE, AGE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN AND NO DISCRIMINATION BASED ON THESE FACTORS WILL BE MADE IN THE SALARY, PROMOTION, DEMOTION, TRANSFER, OR TERMINATION OF ANY EMPLOYEES.
POSITION: Adult Education Program Assistant (Part-time)
REPORTS TO: Regional Adult Education Coordinator / MSESC Executive Director
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Work experience in an Adult Education office/classroom setting preferred.
3. Demonstrates proficiency in computer software including, but not limited to, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher, Excel, AEMIS.
4. Proven background and experience in office management.
5. Grant application experience.
6. Meets employment standards for the position.
Create instructional materials per the instructor’s specifications, including activities using interactive whiteboard, document camera, and other classroom technology.
Assist the instructor with creating and maintaining community partner relationships with local businesses, schools, and organizations.
Maintain program internet presence, including website and social media pages.
Assist with program promotion by creating fliers, press releases, etc., per the instructions of the instructor.
Serve as program photographer/videographer, as needed.
Assist with data enter of client information and tracking information into management information system within the Adult Education System and client database.
Serve as proctor during pre-testing assessments.
Assist instructor in maintaining a clean and organized learning environment by performing general leaning and maintenance as required, filing/shelving materials, etc.
Assist with presenting instructional materials, under direct supervision of the instructor
Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office and other software programs needed to complete job
Maintains confidentiality of all student and staff information
Performs other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director/Designee.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Recommended by the MSESC Executive Director Confirmed by the MSESC Governing Council
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This position is a will and pleasure employee of the Mountain State ESC. Continuation of the position is dependent upon funding, enrollment and program performance.
SALARY: Per current Mountain State Educational Services Cooperative Salary Schedule.