Position: Adult Education Program Assistant (Part-time hourly)
Location: Mid-Ohio Valley
Salary: Per current Mountain State Educational Services Cooperative Salary Schedule
Resume Must Include:
1. List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
2. List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
3. Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
4. Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
5. List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
Adult Education Program Assistant
Regional Coordinator / MSESC Executive Director
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Work experience in an Adult Education office/classroom setting preferred.
- Demonstrates proficiency in computer software including, but not limited to, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher, Excel, LACES
- Proven background and experience in office management.
- Grant application experience.
- Meets employment standards for the position.
1. Work effectively as a member of an educational team.
2. Demonstrate self-control and exhibit an attitude of mutual respect with colleagues and program participants.
3. Exhibit ethical behavior and demonstrate good work habits, including punctuality and attendance.
4. Demonstrate enthusiasm and create a positive learning environment.
5. Demonstrate a willingness to work collaboratively with personnel from other agencies.
6. Maintain confidentiality of student information as outlined in section four of the Instructor Handbook.
7. Participate in at least the minimum required Core and Elective professional development sessions per year depending on the number of hours per week of employment. Requirements are adjusted annually according to the Instructor Handbook.
- Maintains positive work habits through: Attendance, Punctuality, Efficiency of Work, Positive Attitude, Cooperation, Appearance and Adaptability
- Maintains and upgrades skills by attending job-related training and in-service as provided
- Maintains positive public and employee relationships by demonstrating friendly, professional and cooperative behavior in relationship to the public, educational employees and staff. Also, demonstrates respect of individual differences.
- Performs the following duties as efficiently and productively as possible:
- Gathers information for reports
- Meets all deadlines
- Assists with entering class/student data/attendance into LACES system, as needed
- Processes incoming and outgoing correspondence, packages and other mail and emails
- Types reports, as needed
- Works with Director organizing conferences, meetings and testing sites
- Maintains a regular filing system for current and past fiscal years of financial information
- Places, receives, routes and records phone messages
- Greets visitors referring them to the proper person
- Provides support for program staff
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office and other software programs needed to complete job
- Maintains confidentiality of all student and staff information
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director/Regional Coordinator
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Recommended by the MSESC Executive Director
Confirmed by the MSESC Governing Council
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is a will and pleasure employee of the Mountain State ESC. Continuation of the position is dependent upon funding, enrollment and program performance.
Application Deadline: Two weeks after posting date?
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
or via email to email@example.com
MSESC WILL GRANT EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL PERSONS, REGARDLESS OF RACE, AGE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN AND NO DISCRIMINATION BASED ON THESE FACTORS WILL BE MADE IN THE SALARY, PROMOTION, DEMOTION, TRANSFER, OR TERMINATION OF ANY EMPLOYEES.