Posting Date: January 17, 2019
Position: Adult Education Professional Development Coordinator (240 days)
Locations: South West Region
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications.
1. A minimum of a Master’s degree.
2. Experience and knowledge of Adult Education preferred.
3. Experience in professional development and technical assistance preferred.
4. Experience in developing and facilitating training programs is preferred.
5. Extensive knowledge of computers in the use of spreadsheets, word processing, Internet navigation, e-mail, databases, SKYPE, MS TEAMS, online file storage, and Microsoft office suite
6. Experience in entering data and drawing reports from management information systems (e.g.,
AEMIS, WVEIS, etc.).
7. Experience in creating and delivering content using online learning management systems (e.g.,
Schoology, WVLearns, etc.).
8. Experience in designing online surveys and registration forms, and collecting and organizing
information using online software (e.g., Wufoo, Survey Monkey, etc.).
9. Ability to schedule, organize, and prioritize assignments.
10. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
11. Ability to travel frequently within the state or out-of-state as needed.
12. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Resume Must Include:
1. List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
2. List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
3. Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
4. Alignment of work experience with posted job description.
5. List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
January 24, 2019, 3:00 p.m.
Send Application & Resume:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
MSESC WILL GRANT EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL PERSONS, REGARDLESS OF RACE, AGE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN AND NO DISCRIMINATION BASED ON THESE FACTORS WILL BE MADE IN THE SALARY, PROMOTION, DEMOTION, TRANSFER, OR TERMINATION OF ANY EMPLOYEES.
POSITION: Adult Education Professional Development Coordinator (240 days
REPORTS TO: MSESC Executive Director
- Work collaboratively with the entire Adult Education staff in developing an effective professional development system for all components of Adult Education.
2. Assist in the coordination and delivery of technical assistance to programs unable to meet Federal and State Core Indicators, as outlined in the federally-mandated Adult Education State Plan.
3. Research and develop appropriate training modules and in-service programs for statewide implementation.
4. Revise, as needed, professional development publications, including but not limited to, the Instructor Handbook, and required training modules.
5. Assist in preparing trainers to deliver in-service training components.
6. Utilize the Adult Education Management Information System (AEMIS) to monitor for program improvement and to provide technical assistance and training.
7. Maintain an up-to-date database within AEMIS for all staff, including pre-
service/in-service status and teacher transcripts for compliance concerning professional development standards.
8. Coordinate the delivery of training for the approved professional development courses, consistent with the federally-mandated Adult Education State Plan.
9. Track the in-service requirements for practitioners operating under an Adult License.
10. Conduct and analyze needs assessments to determine teacher training priorities.
11. Maintain and update program listserv.
12. Provide support related to English for Speakers of Other Languages assessment and instruction.
13. Assist in the evaluation and oversight of Integrated English Language/Civics Education (IEL/CE) grants.
14. Assist in the evaluation of Adult Education programs and provide follow-up technical assistance.
15. Assist in the development and/or monitoring of budgets related to professional development, IEL/CE, and/or statewide monitoring programs as directed.
16. Performs other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director/Designee.
- Work effectively as a member of an educational team to promote the program as a whole.
2. Maintain a professional relationship with staff, students, administrators, and all others who are encountered through professional duties.
3. Create a positive professional environment by demonstrating enthusiasm, ethical behavior, respect for others, and professional work habits (including punctuality and attendance.)
4. Demonstrate a willingness to work collaboratively with personnel within the organization and from other agencies.
5. Maintain confidentiality of staff and student information as outlined in section four of the WVAE Instructor Handbook.
6. Travel as required to attend meetings and conferences, to conduct professional development
activities, and to observe class sites statewide upon request from sites.
7. Provide professional development services and technical assistance to the statewide program.
8. Work location may vary depending on projects and need.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Recommended by the MSESC Executive Director
Confirmed by the MSESC Governing Council
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is a will and pleasure employee of the Mountain State ESC. Continuation of the position is
dependent upon funding, enrollment and program performance.
Per current Mountain State Educational Services Cooperative Salary Schedule