POSTING DATE July 2, 2021
TITLE OF VACANCY: Enrollment Facilitator
POSITION TYPE: Professional
LOCATION: Applicants may be assigned to one or more designated location to serve the needs of the school system of Mingo County.
REPORTS TO: Director Student Services and Attendance
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social work, human services field or counseling.
- Experience in student counseling, development, education, family support or related field may be preferred.
- Understanding of the purposes and organization of public education.
- Familiarity with school enrollment processes and requirements, school programs, student support programs, courses and County policies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of student information.
- Willing to travel within the County to and meet with students and families in their homes.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to attend training prior to beginning job duties.
EXPECTATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the supervision of the Director of Student Services and Attendance, will provide direct assistance to students and families with school enrollment options for virtual, brick and mortar, homeschooled, homeless and out of district students.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Services and Attendance or other administrative staff.
- Makes direct contact by phone and home visits with parents and guardians to offer student enrollment support services.
- Explains the benefits of specific school programs, courses and extracurricular activities.
- Explains the WV State Law annual assessment requirements for homeschooled students.
- Meets with students and school administrators to facilitate enrollment, resolve issues related to re-entry options for students.
- Assists homeless students/families in overcoming barriers to education.
- Maintains case notes on student/family contacts.
- Prepares weekly reports of contacts and enrollment status of student(s).
- Must attend training prior to beginning job duties.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
SALARY: $35.00 per hour (no benefits provided)
Successful applicant will work a minimum of 80 hours up to 120 contact hours maximum between the dates of July 15, 2021, and September 30, 2021.
STARTING DATE: July 15, 2021
APPLICATION AND RESUME:
Resume Must Include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including addresses and name of immediate supervisor(s).
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
- Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone number.
Application July 9, 2021
Deadline: 3:00 p.m.
Send Application and Resume to:
Ms. Jan Hanlon, Executive Director
Mountain State ESC
501 22nd Street
Dunbar, WV 25064
Or download the application Job Postings | Mountain State Educational Cooperative Services (mountainstateesc.com) and submit along with support documents via email to email@example.com by 3:00 p.m.
Mountain State ESC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or age.